Sunday, January 1, 2012

Robotech for 2012!

by Nathan Stout (of AccordingToWhim.com)

Welcome to the Robotech Now blog! Why Robotech Now? Why not? Well, Robotech 2012 was taken and so was Robotech. Strangely enough there is nothing Robotech related on either. Anyway, I just picked something that sounded current so I picked Robotech Now.

This blog will run all though 2012 and will cover my binge of Robotech in the coming year. My intent in 2012 (starting in late 2011) is to begin reading these novelizations all over again as well watching the corresponding episodes and reading the comics which take place at the same point in the story, and reading articles from the fanzines. I am going to attempt to give myself the 'total picture' of the Robotech saga and see what it's like.

This means I am going to have to drag out my comic collection and figure out what I need to get ahold of (since I don't have many of the comics anymore). I have the books and the DVDs as well as the fanzines so I am almost ready to rock and roll.

As far continuity in the Robotech Universe I am going to just let it ride. I don't care what's canon and what's not. I am going to enjoy all facets of Robotech and take what I want and leave the rest. I will check it all out (read, watch, etc). For instance, I don't give two farts about Robotech the Movie or the Shadow Chronicles but I will watch them so I can complete my 'total experience'. I think it's easy to get wrapped up in 'this is canon' and 'this is not' when you are so invested in something like this but I am going to accept it all in goodfaith and enjoy Robotech to its fullest.

So join me if you want. I will post thoughts I have when reading or watching. I will write little articles when I find something to write about. I will attempt to write some reviews and synopsis for the mateiral I am checking out as well. I have planned it all out (below) and will follow this schedule as close as I can but I'm sure I will be adjusting it several times during the year. If you have something to say about what I've written, or some little factoid I missed, please leave a comment on that post. If you have something more siginifant to say perhaps I can have you guest-blog for me. Drop me a line.

Chris has decided he will join me in certian aspects of this 2012 project (I'm not sure to what extent) but I am sure we will have a good time doing it. You will see posts from him here as well. *Chris waves at all of you*

No comments:

Post a Comment